No calories, no nutrients, no protein.
Skipping breakfast means your body doesn’t have the essential nutrients and fluids needed to perform basic functions. With only limited stores leftover from your meal the night before, this extra effort can leave you feeling tired and irritable, and more likely to snack on sugary foods later on.
1 muffin and 1 coffee latte*
After a simple carbohydrate-based breakfast with important calorie content, you may feel a short burst of energy, but this will often be quickly followed by an ‘energy crash’; making you feel tired. This is usually down to a lack of important nutrients for the day ahead.
2 Slices of white bread toast with jam and butter + 1 glass of milk*
A healthy meal is all about balance. Choosing high-fibre whole grain bread and skimmed milk for example, improves the nutritional profile of such breakfast.
1 bowl of cereals and milk* + 1 glass of orange juice
Choosing a fresh fruit over a processed orange juice can help you reduce the amount of sugar. You may want to consider using skimmed milk to reduce the fat content.
*with semi-skimmed milk.
HERBALIFE HEALTHY BREAKFAST ALTERNATIVE
- 1 glass of Formula 1 shake.
- 1 cup of Instant Herbal Beverage tea.
- 1 glass of Herbal Aloe (Mango)
Rich in proteins and source of 20 essential vitamins and minerals, this healthy* breakfast has the right nutritional mix to set you up for the day ahead:
- Calorie-controlled with only 227Kcal.
- Excellent balance of high quality protein, with more than 20 essential vitamins and minerals.
- Quick and easy to prepare when the time is tight.
* Substituting one daily meal of an energy restricted diet with a meal replacement contributes to the maintenance of weight after weight loss
* When using Formula 1 meal replacement shakes for the purposes of weight control or weight management, please check carefully the instructions on the product label.
Ready to challenge yourself to a healthy breakfast? Ask your member now and start to feel the benefits!